Distance learning in cooperation with the World Bank Institute
OTEAcademy constitutes the national hub for the Global Development Learning Network of the World Bank Institute . Since 2008 it has been providing African countries with distance learning, offering professional training programs via videoconference.
It has trained more than 1500 high ranking executives of private businesses and public sector organizations in 10 African countries (Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Cote d’ Ivoire, Mauritania, Benin, Burkina Faso and Senegal).
World Bank is world’s largest reconstruction and development organization. World Bank Institute is the main education provider for the World Bank.
The GDLN is a partnership of over 120 recognized global institutions (Affiliates) in over 80 countries worldwide.
The aim of the training is to help the participating executives to enhance their Project Management as well as Soft skills. This particular way of presenting and teaching, a combination of OTEAcademy expertise and modern tech infrastructure, enabled not only the active participation of the trainees, but also the uninterrupted audiovisual communication with the instructor as well as the among the trainees themselves.
This method yields multiple, given that trainees do not only benefit from the experience and the interaction with the instructor, but also they gain insight into diverse experience, varying from country to country.
Training programs within this framework include:
PROJECT MANAGEMENT ISSUES
- Introduction to Project Management with PMI
- Project Management - Human Resource Management in Projects
- Project Management - Advanced Planning
- Advanced Project Management
- Advanced preparation course for PMP & CAPM
SOFT SKILLS ISSUES
- Communication and professional conduct for secretaries & administrative assistants
- Basic communication skills
- Advanced communication skills
- Persuasive presentation techniques